Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yummy Chicken Parmesan

I took a risk today and made something that I had never made before, and had never seen made. Despite being a new recipe, it was easy to make and turned out really well! I used the Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe found here.

Stuff you should obtain:
4 chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil
Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
16 oz Spaghetti Sauce
Parmesan Cheese

Notes about ingredients:
I created four chicken breasts by taking two large ones and slicing them in half. This also makes them less thick so they will cook faster and have a better likelihood of getting cooked through.

What you should do:
1) Preheat the stupid oven!
I am really bad about remembering to do this. 350 degrees. Do it.

2) Prepare ingredients!
Pour olive oil into a frying pan and begin to heat - the recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, but I found that I needed a bit more than that. Then take the egg and the milk and whisk them together in a bowl. Then pour some breadcrumbs onto a plate - I probably used a third of a cup, although I didn't measure and had some left over.

3) Prepare the chicken!
Dip the chicken breast in the egg/milk combo and then place into the breadcrumbs to coat it on both sides.

4) Cook the chicken!
Place the breadcrumb coated chicken into the frying pan. Cook about 3-4 minutes on both sides or until you decide the chicken is too brown to leave in any longer. After cooking, place into a casserole pan.



5) Prepare the rest!
Cover the chicken breasts with the slices of mozzarella cheese. Then pour spaghetti sauce over everything, using enough to make sure all the chicken is covered. Dump parmesan cheese on top, and if you want even more cheese (who doesn't?), add shredded mozzarella on top of that.

6) Bake!
Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

7) Enjoy!
Congratulations! You have made delicious chicken parmesan!



Leftover Capability:
I don't eat a lot and I also made steam fresh broccoli, so I only ate one of the chicken breasts, leaving 3 more for leftovers. That's definitely a lot of chicken for one!

But What About My Money?:
Boneless Chicken Breast$5.28
Milk$2.23
Bread Crumbs$1.05
Mozzarella Cheese$2.59
Spaghetti Sauce$2.00
Parmesan Cheese$3.29
Total:$16.44

Factoring in the leftover capability and this comes out to about $4.11 per meal - not too shabby and definitely cheaper than any chicken parmesan you would buy at a restaurant.

Final Grade: A+
I was amazed at how well this recipe turned out. The chicken was really tender and full of flavor. And it didn't require much work at all! I will definitely be making this again and recommend this recipe to anyone who likes a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment